Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Deepest of Thoughts - Three Days and Counting


Stately, plump Andy Grabia came from the stairhead, bearing a pint for each of us. Oh, I should say so. Black Dog at the Black Dog? Confusion. Purple Onion. Donairs? Talk about your mystery meat. Wife loves them though. Of course she's out of her head. Look who she married.

Must remember, I'm from Sudbury. Not Toronto. Sudbury. Born and bred. Must count for something. Toronto sucks us dry as well. From Sudbury. Just like American backpackers with their Canadian flag patches until they say something stupid and give it all away. Then the European beauties laugh at them. Better yet they get pounded by some yobs whose grampies slaughtered the Jerries. Tough pricks, the Brits.

I'm from Sudbury.

Don't say anything stupid. Likely to get dropped off at the edge of town. Let the Eastern bastard freeze. Indeed. Must be nice to Grabia. In the news and all. Bow and scrape if I must.

Is it true if your dog runs away you can watch him do so for three days? Hmm. Should test it out. Or is that Saskatchewan? If the Riders win will I see Regina in flames from 30000 feet on Sunday night? What if they lose?

I love Gilbert Gilbert. Wonder if I can get his autograph Saturday night? Maybe I'll sneak into the dressing room. Nobody will notice. Hide behind the moustache.

Poor Paddy Dignam. Poor Oilers. Three-three now. Another long night. Grabia likely in a rage now.

4 comments:

Andy Grabia said...

Don't say anything stupid. Likely to get dropped off at the edge of town. Let the Eastern bastard freeze. Indeed. Must be nice to Grabia. In the news and all. Bow and scrape if I must.

You sound like a scheming Smeagol.

Mr DeBakey said...

That whole frozen Eastern Bastard thing went out when
Ralph "Bottle in Front of Me" Klein
retired as King/Premier

She said...

Pat:
I hope the travel journal lives up to the pre-trip entries.

Congratulations on your "whimsical" status, as bestowed by the Cult of Hockey today. Also- Staples confirmed the fact that you're from Sudbury, not Toronto. Excellent.

Have a fantastic trip. I'll be in Edmonton Monday for the start of my "40" trip- going to Vegas with my sister Tuesday morning. I would rather see hockey games, but she's buying. Can't pick your family, I guess.

Cheers!

Black Dog said...

Thanks 'she' and enjoy your own fantastic voyage.