Sunday, May 14, 2006
Despite Ron Wilson's assertions that it was a couple of lucky bounces that led to his team's defeat in G4, one wonders if the inventor of the game might be a little stunned at the recent turn of events. Wilson never lets anyone see him sweat, which is good, but his rookie laden team has gotten worse as the series has progressed while the Oil have improved in each game. The Oilers have to win one on the road - will G5 be it?
- does the Tank lead to that much better matchups for the Sharks? Someone somewhere is charting this. We know one thing for sure - Wilson is going to be trying to keep Thornton away from Smith
- will home ice once again get the Sharks rooks playing like they're ten feet tall? Haven't heard Bernier's name mentioned much lately.
- Will Michalek return? Without him Marleau's line has been far less effective.
- Does Toskela start or do they go with Nabokov? I have to think Toskela. But what is he thinking after getting filled in G4?
- Can the Oilers outskate the Sharks again and pressure their D as they did in G4? The Oil forwards really exposed their D in G4. Can they keep up the momentum?
- Are the Oilers forwards finally getting going? There is a long list of guys who look to be getting stronger and stronger. Will Samsonov continue to be as big a factor? Will Horcoff? Can Smyth pot one or two?
I'm thinking the Oil come home with a chance to put SJ away.
Posted by Black Dog at 8:49 AM