Thursday, May 11, 2006

I was abed



Oh yeah. End of the second here in T.O., inlaws staring at me as I sat on their bed (couch) watching our only TV.

Don't think I would have made it to the end even if I'd stayed up although I did watch all of the Stoll game.

After G1 against Detroit someone posted that the Wings had taken the Oilers' best punch and survived. This was followed by a flurry of accurate comments - that that was definitely not the Oilers' best punch.

Period 1 last night may have been. And SJ withstood it. Man they are a tough team.

But the Oil prevailed - what a sweet way to wake up.

And as of Friday I have the TV back so we're golden the rest of the way, however long that may be.

Anyhow I'll have thoughts on P1 and P2 later. Now for the hard part.

Finally, how apropos that Horcoff scored the goal, set up by Smyth.

And how weird that Torres set up the first with a nice play and then scored to tie it.

6 comments:

sacamano said...

You do realize that in order to maintain the Karma, you have to go to bed before the end of every game now, right?

Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

ahhh but I went to bed before the end of game 2 as well so I'm alright there - I think?

can I have a ruling?

sacamano said...

Hmmmm. Interesting scenario. This will require some thinking.

You might actually have to get a divorce so that you can find some new inlaws. I hope it doesn't come to that; but if the Oil make it to the Conference Finals . . .

Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

whatever it takes

mudcrutch79 said...

Man...some guys have it rough. I envy you getting up fresh this morning though.

Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

Mc79 - I have a toddler and a seven month old. I haven't gotten up fresh in nearly three years.

Nice thought though.

Inlaws leave tomorrow - won't miss another game.