Thursday, February 09, 2006

Black Dog Hates Skunks


And for good reason. I thought that when Handsome Ben was sprayed by a skunk in the summer of 2002 that he would learn from his mistake. Turns out that apparently it made him really mad.

Wandering around the house at 4 in the morning 5 days after the birth of our daughter one year later I figured I may as well let the big fellow out for a pee. He came charging back in (and right upstairs to check on the baby - just in case it was one of those Winged Kazakh Skunks) and I was on my way to Dominion to buy some tomato juice.

Give it to him for timing because his next encounter was a week after the birth of our son last October - this time I actually witnessed the attack. Ben knew what he was doing and he had the little guy in his mouth. And dropped him pretty quick. This was four months and four baths ago and when he gets a little damp you can still catch a whiff.

Ass.

No comments: